Saturday, January 5, 2008

Icons!

So my dear Father Mafodii has offered to teach me to write Icons. I've been working on one for about a weekend a month over the past few months. Its been tough and I'm learning a lot, which I should probably blog about. What I want to show is my progress lately. I'm pretty excited about it! I wish I had the picture up from before I put the gold leaf on so you could see what the clay underneath the gold looks like.

I have finally advanced to step 2 of icon making! Of course, there's 21 steps and I've already spent over 20 hours on my icon. Its been well worth it. Please ask any questions you might have. I'm sure I'll have a really bad answer for them that will only confuse you more.
C.T.






2 comments:

Josh said...

Nice! Keep up the good work. :-)

Anonymous said...

Very neat! Would love to see where you are at now. In fact, it would be really cool if you filmed yourself working on parts of it and threw it up on youtube...